Hi, and welcome to my Shiftgig review.
I know why you are here, you’re here because upon your search you find a website name Shiftgig but you don’t know what it is and what is this website all about.
You’re in luck because, in this review, we will take an in-depth look at Shiftgig and see what this website is and also see if this is a legitimate one or is just another scam.
Let’s find out!
I have tried and tested more than 600 courses, scams, and all sorts of schemes to find the best way to make money online.
In other words, I’m passionate about knowledge that helps to improve our lives, build a business online, and more.
Throughout my Shiftgig review, you can rest assured that you will get an honest and unbiased review from me.
In this review, we will try to answer all your questions. It should give you a clear understanding of Shiftgig and see if this website is worth your time.
Shiftgig Review – Overview
- Product Type: Shiftgig
- Owner: Eddie Lou, Jeff Pieta, and Sean Casey
- Price: Free
- Recommended?: Read my review and find out.
- Overview: Shiftgig is a mobile platform that connects businesses with reliable, high-caliber workers on demand.
A mobile application that connects gig workers and employers also allows them to apply in real-time for both temporary and ongoing jobs.
When, where, and for the companies they like, people use Shiftgig to find temporary employment possibilities.
However, the question is, is it the best way to make money online?
Let’s find out!
See the rest of my Shiftgig review to learn how it works, what to expect, and why this is not my #1 recommendation.
Alternative: My #1 recommendation is a top affiliate marketing course that helps to build a successful online business from scratch! I used this exact system to go from $0 to earning $100’s per day! Learn more below!
What Is Shiftgig?
Shiftgig co-founders Eddie Lou, Jeff Pieta, and Sean Casey established Shiftgig in 2012 (although it has existed since 2011).
They have their main office in the US at 1 North State Street in Chicago, Illinois, 60602; their phone number is (312) 489-5666.
It’s a good indication that you’re doing business with a respectable company if you can find out the founders’ names, addresses, and phone numbers.
Shiftgig was the original name of Shiftgig (they rebranded in 2015). They initially mostly featured open positions at bars and restaurants that people could apply for (over the internet).
Hourly gigs for workers were first made available through Shiftgig’s app in 2014 when their mobile software for the company arrived.
As pioneers of this idea, they have gained a lot of popularity.
In the current state, Shiftgig no longer presents itself as a job market where individuals can submit a direct application.
Instead, it has adopted a SaaS-based image (Software as a Service) and is putting its apps online so that workers may access the services of receiving on-demand jobs through their mobile devices.
Thanks to this, you can use the Shiftgig app to look for jobs in your area and submit applications whenever and wherever you like.
For managing, monitoring, timekeeping, etc., businesses (staffing agencies and businesses) can use Shiftgig’s software (they presently have two: Deploy and BookedOut).
Clients pay the employees they have recruited on an hourly basis for jobs that come up as needed, which is how the clients make their money.
A good deal of people trusts Shiftgig. Just a few of the honors and awards they have received over the course of their long existence are listed below:
How Does Shiftgig Work?
The Shiftgig app’s primary purpose is to assist in fostering a flexible work environment for employees referred to as “Specialists” in the app.
The focus of this part will be on how it operates, how to utilize it, and how to apply for temporary jobs while using its services.
Shiftgig helps three major industries (listed below). Utilizing the Shiftgig app is similar to having a digital staffing organization that strives to benefit both the workers’ employers and themselves.
Chances of success are fairly high because the employees themselves pick jobs.
You have the option of choosing a job based on your strengths or your interests as an employee.
A variety of things fall under this broad category, including food and drink, travel, and lodging.
Housekeeping and guest services Employment can be found in the hotel sector, which is a subset of the lodging and accommodations industry.
A sizable portion of the job market is in the food and beverage industry, which offers positions as a cook, dishwasher, bartender, barista, waiter, host, etc.
Light Industrial Staffing
The three main focuses of the light industrial sector are manufacturing, production, and labor.
The manufacture of technological equipment and the production of clothing are a couple of examples of this.
It can also encompass administrative and ordinary labor tasks in warehouses.
These types of jobs require participating in occasions where a business can link its brand to happy customers.
Shiftgig Specialists can serve as company reps, hosts, and brand ambassadors at these events, which are typically held for business purposes.
Jobs in experiential marketing typically have higher salaries when compared to those in the hospitality and light industrial categories.
Here are the steps to follow if you’re going to apply for work through Shiftgig:
- Go to their website and apply.
- Install the Shiftgig app on your smartphone (iOS and Android versions are also supported). You can alternatively download the program directly from GooglePlay and omit Step 1 altogether.
- Utilizing the app, submit an application to the businesses you’ve selected that are local to you. Currently, Shiftgig is used by the following businesses (you can apply to all of them).
- Pass the background check and phone or video interview. You may be required to submit more paperwork for this phase, as well as appear in person for an interview at your workplace.
- When your application is approved, the business will activate your account and assist you in creating a profile. The Shiftgig app will then display all of the available work openings.
- You’ll receive a notification through the app if your qualifications and profile match those of a company (and almost always, an email as well).
- Apply for certain jobs (shifts), then await approval.
- When applying for a job, be sure to show up on time and finish the task at hand.
- Get paid (they have various payment methods inside the Shiftgig app).
Applying for work at staffing firms powered by Shiftgig is a simple process.
Your likelihood of being hired is high as long as you meet the requirements for the position. But, being hired for temporary labor does not guarantee that a job will become available right away.
Just keep in mind that there is competition since many individuals have Shiftgig subscriptions.
To keep an eye on your applications, you can check the application status tracker on their app.
Shiftgig Application Requirements
You must fulfill a few requirements in order to be eligible to work as a Shiftgig Specialist.
Since they are industry standards, I don’t believe you will encounter any difficulties with them:
- Experience in the task or position you’re applying for
- at least 18 years of age.
- I am legally authorized to work in the US.
- Live near the targeted locations for work.
- Shiftgig app on a smartphone
Shiftgig Interview Questions
Just in case you’re a little anxious about the interview portion of applying for a job with Shiftgig, remember that you’ll only be questioned about the standard topics (like in traditional jobs).
According to evaluations from Shiftgig users on Glassdoor.com, here are some examples of interview questions. Here are a few of them:
- How did you handle a difficult situation at your last job?
- Why do you think you’re the best candidate for the job?
- Why do you want to work for our company?
- What kind of work do you like to do?
- What are your transportation options?
You just have to be truthful in your responses. As you can see, those questions aren’t that difficult.
Also, avoid doing things on the fly like the majority of people do. You should have already prepared the responses to such inquiries.
You can expect a few that are comparable, even if they aren’t exactly the questions you’re asked.
Finding and Claiming Shiftgig Jobs
Utilizing the Shiftgig app makes finding and applying for jobs very simple.
It has a simple layout that makes it simple for you to find and apply for tasks and shifts right away.
Just follow these steps:
To see open employment, visit the Find Shifts area of the app.
Jobs that are scheduled for today and in the future are available for you to find (and apply for) (weeks and months in advance).
When you locate a position that catches your attention, click on it to review the shift information for that specific task.
You must first make sure you are qualified for the position before submitting your application for a shift.
Check the box next to “I agree that I meet all requirements for the task” to indicate that you agree to this.
Just some quick notes regarding this step:
- Lies can prevent you from getting future jobs; therefore, it’s not a good idea to claim to be qualified when you’re not (when caught).
- Gigs that you have previously been accepted for can be canceled. Just make sure you use the app to accomplish it.
- It is unacceptable to arrive late for appointments.
- It is considered unprofessional to show up for shifts unprepared.
- Be aware that improper or unethical behavior might get you “strikes,” and that a buildup of strikes can exclude you from receiving future jobs.
If you want to claim a task, job, or shift, go to the Claim Shift area and click the Claim button.
Here are some things to remember:
- The shift should appear in your upcoming section if you successfully claimed it.
- There is no guarantee that you will land the job if you click the Claim button. It indicates you were unable to effectively claim it if it does not appear in your Upcoming section (somebody might have beaten you to it).
- Avoid reporting to a job that you haven’t successfully claimed because you won’t be paid if you do (you won’t be paid if you show up for a shift that wasn’t yours, to begin with).
Work on your assigned chores when you arrive. This is now necessary.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Consider Shiftgig jobs to be regular jobs in terms of professionalism; you are expected to arrive on time and wear an inappropriate dress. Of course, in order to do the work successfully, your mind and body must also be ready.
- You should be able to correctly claim every shift in the Shiftgig app in situations where duties are repeated (for different days). All of them ought to appear in your upcoming section.
It indicates that you are unqualified or unfit for the job when you see unavailability shifts (unclickable) on your Shiftgig app.
The reason/s can be any of the following:
- The requirements of the position are not met by your expertise.
- You are working a concurrent, approved shift.
- You’re located far from the job site (your location should be within the 60 to 70-mile range requirement).
- The space has already been claimed (by another person). You can add your name to the waitlist if you’re interested in the position so that you will be notified when it is eliminated (and made available again).
How Does Shiftgig Pay?
Employers who use Shiftgig often pay hourly, with pay rates ranging from $10 to $20.
Naturally, the salary may be higher because it will vary based on the industry, the company, the nature of the work, and your qualifications.
Pay Schedule for Shiftgig
Workers are paid each week via direct deposit into their accounts, according to the standard payment system in businesses supported by Shiftgig.
Due to their connection with DailyPay, you also have the choice of receiving payment every day.
If you choose this option, you can receive your payment the same day (after your hours are confirmed by your client).
It should be noted that all Shiftgig compensation is based on the hours that a worker reports after completing his or her task.
The client, however, is the one who gives the final permission.
Both the employer and the employee have access to a timecard in the Shiftgig app that they can consult for these items.
Is Shiftgig A Scam?
Shiftgig is legitimate, and if you’ve read thus far, you already know that. I honestly don’t see any indications that they’re a scam.
Yes, I have seen several complaints, and I will expand on that in a moment.
The fact is, just because they have complaints doesn’t mean they are a scam.
For many years, employees have been working in offices in Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, and New York.
Shiftgig is undoubtedly not a scam because numerous people have previously attested to having worked with them (through their reviews posted all over the internet).
Having said that, Shiftgig might not be quite what you were searching for or thought it was, depending on how you found it.
What I Like About Shiftgig
- The Shiftgig app is easy to use.
- You can choose when you want to work.
- You can choose where you want to work.
- You can choose which company to work for.
- A wide range of temporary jobs.
What I Don’t Like Shiftgig
- Limited sources of work
- Low pay in some gigs
- Shiftgig is no longer functioning as a public marketplace.
Final Words and HONEST Recommendation
Shiftgig is not a scam. It’s a legitimate company that allows independent contractors to make extra money while maintaining a flexible schedule.
In my opinion, they’ve effectively met their promise to provide technology that will assist staffing agencies, company clients, and employees alike, and I think it’s incredibly useful for a lot of people.
I’ll let you determine whether it was a good move for them to switch to staffing agencies from their marketplace for matching clients and workers.
On the one hand, it’s a little simpler when staff members can speak with clients directly about anything (questions, grievances, etc.).
Additionally, if Shiftgig gets involved, it may be difficult for everyone.
On the other hand, it’s advantageous if they can serve as a mediator when problems arise.
It also appears from some of the reviews I’ve read that this isn’t always the case.
Use of Shiftgig is advised. Do you fit it? Having it as one of your options, in my opinion, is a fantastic idea.
It all depends on how urgently you need to earn some cash.
There are many ways to make money today, so as a gig worker (or freelancer), it’s always a good idea to have more than one alternative (if you know where to look).
You may be a home parent raising a single child or a student.
Your health issues may make it difficult for you to perform regular work, or perhaps you simply detest your position and are looking for a way out.
If that’s the case, I recommend you check my number one recommendation below.
Thank you for reading my Shiftgig review. If you have any questions? Want to share your experience and reviews of Shiftgig?
Feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below!
How To Start A Legitimate Affiliate Marketing Business?
If you’re looking for ways and means to start a legitimate affiliate marketing business to earn an income online, you should check out my top-rated program first.
The program that I recommend on the next page has helped me to reach the status of an online entrepreneur in a short period, and I’m confident it could help you too!
I went from struggling marketer to earning $100’s per day promoting ANY products I choose and I want to show you how you too can do the same.
Among the best features of my # 1 ranked course is that you can start for free. You will get one complimentary site and access to the very first ten lessons from the course to try things out.
Furthermore, this program is in fact all-in-one. You get everything that you need to make money online.
This consists of detailed training, all the very best tools, hosting and websites, live assistance, community aid, technical assistance, one-on-one coaching, and so much more!
After evaluating over 500 programs on the web, my conclusion is easy. This is the best method to make money online.
And if you’re looking for the very same, click the button below!
And don’t forget to share this ApperWall review with your friends and family!
All the best, Alex. contributor @freeaffiliatemarketingbusiness.com